The NWCB recognizes excellence in wall and ceiling construction by presenting the Outstanding Project of the Year Awards to the best projects completed by the members. Nominations are now being accepted for the 2024 awards The nominations deadline is Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
The winning projects have an opportunity to be showcased in the media, including local newspapers and industry publications and websites.
Submitting a Nomination Have all the information handy when starting the submission process. If you need others to collaborate on the submission (for example, to upload photos, videos or other information), you can invite them by using the link to invite collaborators on the top right corner of this page.
Once you begin filling out the nomination form, you can save it as a draft and come back later to finish the form. However, if you have multiple projects to nominate, you will have the complete and submit the first nomination before beginning a form for another project.
If you have any questions on the form, please email us!
a. Over 1 Million
b. Under 1 Million
3. Suspended Ceiling
4. Light-Gauge Steel Framing
a. Over 1 Million
b. Under 1 Million
AWARD PROGRAM RULES
1. NWCB Members can nominate any number of projects — the installing wall and ceiling contractor must be a member of NWCB.
2. Projects are judged on design, job site innovation and/or conditions, quality of workmanship, use of materials and overall effect.
3. The project must be complete. Projects completed in the past two years can be submitted or resubmitted if they have not previously been given an NWCB Project of the Year Award.
4. Awards will be given for projects in Washington and Oregon and are awarded based on the office location of the NWCB member contractor that performed the work.
5. Member contractors are eligible to win two (2) awards per company, per area.
6. NWCB Members may submit an individual project for multiple categories but the project is only eligible to win one award.
7. All nominations must be made through Submittable.com. The nomination form must be filled out completely for each individual project. Nominations received by any other methods will not be considered.
8. Photos taken during construction are encouraged for all submissions and are required for submissions in the Light-Gauge Steel-Framing, Renovation and Restoration categories. Photos submitted must be aminimum of 3000 x 2400 pixels in size.
9. All nominations must provide an image designated as an award plaque photo, with a minimum size of 3450 x 4350 pixels.
10. Submission of materials grants permission for unrestricted promotional use by NWCB of all photographs and information in printed and digital formats. This includes, but is not limited to, awards program publicity and publication in association, industry, and other publications and websites. Make sure you have a proper license for the photos you are submitting.
11. The deadline for the submission of nominations is Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
The quality of the photos is an important part of the overall submission, and the use of professional images is highly recommended for maximum photo quality. Check with the architect and general contractor as they may already have professional photos of the project. To ensure proper photo credits, the name of the photographer is required for each photo submitted. Check the resolution of the images you are submitting by reviewing the photo file properties in order to determine if your images meet the minimum requirements.